Friday, March 29, 2019 - Sunday, March 31, 2019
If you're a Student in Grades 6-12, join us for our DNow (Disciple Now) Weekend. Blaine Mitchell (YouTube video link) from "The Voice" and his band, Love and War, will be coming in to lead us in worship.
Our Pastors Donald, Jesse, and Matt will be bringing us relevant messages from God’s word to challenge us. We will put into practice what we have talked about by serving those in our community and meeting their needs. Our theme this year is “IMITATE” which comes from 1 Corinthians 11:1: “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ”.
The cost for the weekend is $60 which pays for a DNow T-Shirt, food, games, and our band.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your Bible, a notebook, and a pen!
- Clothes for 3 days (including Sunday morning):
- Friday Night: have athletic clothes and sneakers for the gym and upstairs in the Youth Area.
- Saturday Morning: wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty when we you arrive to church for Session 2. We will go straight to serving in the community after lunch.
- Saturday (free time): bring some clothes that are comfy to change into during your free time.
- Sunday Morning: Your leaders will give you a DNow shirt to wear for Sunday Morning along with pants or a dress… guys don’t wear the dress.
- (All shirts and shorts must be an appropriate length. No short shorts or midriff shirts)
- Other stuff you should bring:
- New and sealed snacks for you to eat at your host home (chips, candy, etc.)
- An air mattress or sleeping bag, and sheets and a pillow
- Toiletries and a towel
- Optional: money for extra spending when appropriate.
- A good, excited, respectful, and expectant attitude!
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Inappropriate materials
- Shorts or shirts that don’t fit dress code
- Anything else that could get you send home during weekend.